||We, as members of the
National Association of Home Builders believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
- American homes should be
well-designed, well-constructed, and well-located in attractive
communities with educational, recreational, religious, and shopping
facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the American free enterprise
- To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community, and our
- Honesty is our guiding business
- High standards of health,
safety and sanitation shall be built into every home;
Members shall deal fairly with their respective
employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
As members of a progressive industry we encourage research to develop new
materials, new building techniques, new building equipment, and improved
methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the
greatest value possible for every dollar.
All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we
serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life.
We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national
associations, and all related industries concerned with preservation of
legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are
part of our obligation as members of National Association of Home Builders.